Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Morons are calling offering "free gifts"

My cell phone service provider called me the other day.

"Hi! Since you've been a long time customer of ours, we'd like to show our appreciation by letting you try out our Surf Stick for free for four weeks!"

Wooooooow. Four whole weeks. Really? I'm in awe of your generosity.

First of all dipshits, I can read. Everywhere I look these days, I see advertisements literally everywhere for the same offer from the same company, so I'm confused how this "amazing" offer consitutes any kind of reward for being a long-time valued customer.

It's pretty insulting. Why not give out a free phone? Better yet, why not offer one month of free services instead? That's something you can really appreciate, but trying to force feed your client base to try out your new toy in every way imaginable is not the way to go about it.

Not content with raping your eyes with their visual ad pollution pushing the Surf Stick, now they call - constantly. Now that their wave of paper advertisements has failed to convince the public they MUST have this new gadget they've resorted to vocal harassment, hoping against hope if they disturb you enough at work you'll finally give in just to stop the calls.

How DO they think those bills get paid anyways?

1 comment: